Adopted by the board December 2015.
CUUPS jointly owns the copyright of this design with Kishgraphics since its creation in 1996.
The CUUPS Organizational Logo
CUUPS unified graphic identity strengthens the organization's name and image via a distinctive mark applied consistently throughout all of our events, publications, and activities.
Our logo use policy describes the logo in clear terms and defines general classes of acceptable and prohibited use. It does not attempt to define every imaginable use of the logo, but it provides a clear path to seek approval for variations on the standard logo and its permitted variations.
Questions regarding this policy should be directed to the CUUPS President.
The CUUPS logo consists of two parts: the graphic element and the text element.
The graphic element is a flaming chalice (bowl) with two yellow bowed lines, and a line with a diamond centered below the text. The text element is the words; Covenant of Unitarian Universalist Pagans.
Proper use of the logo will incorporate both the graphic and text elements. The logo is part of the brand identity of the organization.
Logo for Chapter Use
Here is a logo for chapters to use.
Guidelines for Internal Use
Officially recognized Chapters, Committees and projects of the CUUPS organization are free to use the organization logo, provided the following guidelines are considered:
- The logo and text must be used together, as defined.
- The typeface shall not be altered or replaced with another.
- All portions of the proportions of logo and text shall be retained.
- Decoration of the logo is acceptable with approval of the CUUPS board, as long as the basic logo remains clearly visible.
- Permission to use is submitted in writing for a specific time frame. Most rights for use are renewed annually.
Acceptable External Use
- Entities associated with the organization are welcome to use the organization logo with approval from the CUUPS Board and related entities, as appropriate, to promote their events and/or describe their activities.
- Individuals may use the logo to acknowledge their membership in the organization and/or their participation in a sponsored event. Once their relationship ends, permissions for use ends immediately and the logo must be removed immediately from all electronic and print media
- To grant permission to third parties, such as news organizations, to use the logos for promotional purposes for specific articles, please contact the Communications Committee of CUUPS.
- All uses must be in alignment with the US Copyright Act for Visual Arts. All use MUST be granted permissions for use from the CUUPS Board of Directors or VP of Communications as per the branding use.
Prohibited Use of the CUUPS Logo
It is our policy that the CUUPS organization logo be used without modification and in an appropriate manner. Examples of prohibited use include, but are not limited to, the following:
Any implication of endorsement by the organization or its activities;
- Use in any political campaigns or indicating political support for any candidates, legislations and publications.
- Commercial uses (placement of the logo on product packaging, print or electronic media);
- An individual's use of the logo for purposes other than acknowledging membership or participation in our activities;
- Combination of the organization logo with another logo.
Requests for Use Outside Described Scope
Requests for use of the name or logo which fall outside the scope of the policy, or proposed variations on the logo design, are to be brought to the attention of the CUUPS Board. Lack of response within six weeks can be construed as approval of the proposed use and/or variation.